- Dan Wade of Bleacher Report always has great stuff, and here is an excellent piece on the future of Livan Hernandez.
- Another great writer at Bleacher Report and a good friend of mine is Martin Andrade. He recently wrote an article about possible trades Minnesota could make.
- Our friends over at TK on Toast provide us with a lengthy Twins Mid-Season Report that is worth checking out.
- Nick Mosvick wraps up the weekend.
- Howard Sinker on the “surprising Twins.“
- Joe Christensen of the Star Tribune has a great article out now about Twin’s prospect Luke Hughes. Here’s a teaser:
Hughes, 23, started at third base for the World team, which held on for a 3-0 victory over Team USA.
“This is baseball right here,” Hughes said. “If you go around the world, especially in Australia, and you talk to people about baseball, they always talk about the Yankees.
“It’s unbelievable having a chance to be out on that field, knowing all the greats that have come through and played here.”
Hughes went 0-for-2, with a lineout to center field and a strikeout, but he impressed scouts during batting practice with several long home runs.
“I’m at Yankee Stadium, and my heart is just pumping,” Hughes said. “It’s probably the best BP I’ve had in a while.”
- Jon Heyman of Sports Illustrated gives out his Mid-Season Awards. Minnesota is no where to be found, except under the “best AL manager” category.
- Sid Hartman of the Star Tribune has another piece out, this time on Matt Guerrier and his “outstandingness.”
- La Velle has an unusual encounter with…geese.
- The boys at Twinkie Town have some great discussion going about the possible addition of Adrian Beltre. For the record, I fully support the Twins trading for him.
- Finally, the official announcement from the Star Tribune that Minnesota has at least minor interest in Seattle’s Adrian Beltre.
- And this weeks Minnesota Twins clip of the week: